Thursday, October 6, 2011

T-Shirt Makeover #4

Something a bit different today.  Instead of ruffles and gathers I have a completely new look.  Super simple too!
Check out what Katy at Sweet Verbena came up with!!!


Follow her tutorial from concept to completion:

I found this great lace tape at a Fabric Warehouse store. At only $.99 yard, I stocked up!



Then I caught a glimpse of Rashida Jones in I Love you Man wearing this cute lace embellished top and I thought, I could totally make my own. 




So I found a tee at my usual go-to store, Target, and got to work!  





A wordless tutorial:
































Note: When sewing with knit, use a zig-zag stitch. It allows the fabric to stretch better than a straight stitch.










Easy as that! And oh so pretty.

Thanks so much to Katy for her wonderful creativity and her super simple explanations!!
Please head over to Sweet Verbena and let Katy know how much you love her design!

Also, please let me know if you try this.  I would love to hear how it turned out for you!  

And...while you're here...leave me a note.  Let me know what you think of my blog!!

Thanks and wait until you see what I have for tomorrow.  I am just dying to try it out myself!!!  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment